Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Menards Saved Me from a Major Headache

I've had a pile of sandpaper in my basement for more than a year. I bought tons of sander pads at $5 a pack when I started working on my floors. When I spotted the pile, I realized that there was easily $150 sitting there (turned out to be closer to $200).

I didn't want to dig up the receipts from almost a year ago. At the rate I was buying things for the house, there are dozens of receipts to go through. At times we were going to three stores a day! I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to return all this sandpaper without it turning into a major ordeal, but we decided to try anyway.

It couldn't have been easier! The Menards in West Allis has a machine that can search your receipts for up to 18 months, just by swiping your credit card! If you paid for your items by credit card or check you can search by SKU number and the machine will print copies for you.

This is an awesome technology. I'm definitely going to keep it in mind when I'm stocking up on supplies for a project. I don't see any reason more stores can't provide this level of courtesy, too. We live in a digital age and we ought to reap the benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home